Sunday 4 May 2014

Native American Cave Paintings

Cliffside Painting and Symbols


Cave and rock painting is commonly found in many ancient cultures, including the Native American's. They can be depictions of events, ceremonies, maps or hunting grounds, amongst other things.
I particularly like this visual style. It is very simple yet unique to the culture, with a lot of the figures carrying a distinctly native american style. I am interested in using this style for my own work, as I want to show how the message behind the story I am telling transcends words and time and culture, and carries it's own universal message. Simple styles like this are perfect for showing that message, as they are almost like a pictogram, and carry relevance to the source material. 

No comments:

Post a Comment